I’m participating in Newton’s Nook Designs (NND) Inky Paws Challenge #84. The challenge was to create a project using burlap or twine. I chose burlap for my card that features NND stamp and dies: Fox Hollow, Beautiful Leaves dies, Pines and Holly die set, Thankful Thoughts and Adventure Awaits.
- I created a birch trunk background using Copic markers in the Es, Ws and Cs colors and a black marker. Applied black ink around the edge to age it a bit.
- I stamped a border on the top and bottom of the burlap band using one of the arrow images from Adventure Awaits. This is covered a bit by the focal point, but if you look closely, you’ll see this small detail. Because the burlap is course, I used my MISTI tool to stamp and restamp the image each time.
- I die cut the maple leaves from the Beautiful Leaves dies and pine sprigs from the Pines and Holly die set and added distressed ink to give variation to the leaves. I added veins using a fine point black marker. Applied some water to “splotch” them up a little to look more real. I also die cut the pine cone and added some glitter to the edges.
- Next, I stamped, colored and fussy cut the fox images as well emboss the phrase from the Thankful Thoughts set.
- Assembled to create a focal point on the burlap band. Ta-da! That’s all folks! Thanks for visiting. 🙂